What is S-recipes?
S-recipes™ is a natural weight-loss supplement in powder form. It is a fat burner, nutrients blocker and appetite suppressant combined to aid weight reduction program.It is designed to help overweight individuals that want to slim down to achieve their goal by burning their body fat, blocking the body’s ability to absorb certain nutrients and restricting the urge for food.
It is designed to help overweight individuals that want to slim down to achieve their goal by burning their body fat, blocking the body’s ability to absorb certain nutrients and restricting the urge for food.
In general, people use S recipes as a dietary supplement to help them reduce weight.
How Does it work to aid weight loss?
S-recipes formulation contains three classes of weight-loss ingredients which work to suppress appetite, block the absorption of nutrients, and burn fat.
It slows down the absorption of fats and carbohydrates by preventing the breakdown of starch and carbohydrates into glucose in the intestine. It also blocks the conversion of excess carbohydrates into fats and decreases the storage of adipose tissue in the body.
S-recipes also encourages the breakdown of fat and increases metabolism to burn them off by transporting long-chain fatty acids into cells for energy production.
It also reduces hunger levels by increasing the production of intestinal hormones to signal the brain that you are now “full”.
The Ingredients in S recipes
The functions of the ingredients
White Kidney Bean Extract – blocks alpha-amalyase (a digestive enzyme) to prevent the breakdown of starch so that it cannot be absorbed into the body system.
L-Carnitine – transports fatty acids into the cells to be burned for energy.
PinnoThin – increases the release of the hunger-suppressing hormones to signal the brain to promote the feeling of satiety and reduce hunger.
Glucomannan – absorbs water in the gastrointestinal tract and swells, to make the user feel full.
Yeast chromium – reduces insulin resistance and encourages it to function properly to direct the metabolism involving fat, protein and calories.
Guarana seed extract – stimulates the central nervous system to suppress appetite and increases metabolism.
Hoodia Gordonii – signals the brain that the body is not hungry, to reduce hunger.
Citrus Aurantium – increases the body’s metabolic rate and thus its ability to burn calories.
Soy Protein Isolate – lowers total cholesterol and LDL (bad cholesterol) while maintaining HDL (good cholesterol).
Barley – lowers total and LDL cholesterols.
Garcinia Cambogia – suppresses food consumption through anorectic effect.
S-recipes is recommended to be taken once a day, before breakfast. Just mix the contents of one sachet with 180mi (6oz) of plain water and drink it about 15 minutes before the first meal of the day.
Do not overdose as overdosing may cause side effects such as stomach upset, nervousness, tremors or sleeping problems.
S-recipes side effects
According to the official website of S-recipes, this product does not produce side effects such as constipation, thirst, palpitations, headaches, as can occur with other products.At the time of writing, there is no other information on the product’s website which states what are the (or potential) side effects of S-recipes; or whether it is 100 negative effects free. Also, such information is nowhere to be found on the web.
At the time of writing, there is no other information on the product’s website which states what are the (or potential) side effects of S-recipes; or whether it is 100 negative effects free. Also, such information is nowhere to be found on the web.
However, a little digging into the ingredients used in the product shows some of these substances do have the potential to cause side effects. Listed below are the abstracts related to this topic, which we quote:
- “As with all medicines and supplements, guarana seed extract may cause unwanted side effects in some people. Those who are sensitive to caffeine may experience nervousness, tremors, and insomnia when using guarana. Other common side effects include irritability, sweating, and nausea.” Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/256453-what-is-guarana-seed-extract/#ixzz2LeJ107mU
- “Guarana is LIKELY SAFE for most adults when used in typical food amounts or in medicinal amounts short-term. But it is LIKELY UNSAFE and even deadly, due to its caffeine content, when taken in high doses or long-term.” Info on: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-935-GUARANA.aspx?activeIngredientId=935&activeIngredientName=GUARANA
- “The toxic compound phytohaemagglutinin, a lectin, is present in many common bean varieties, but is especially concentrated in red kidney beans. White kidney beans contain about a third as many toxins as the red variety; broad beans (Vicia faba) contain 5 to 10% as much as red kidney beans.” ……. “The primary symptoms of phytohaemagglutinin poisoning are nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.” …… “Beans are high in purines, which are metabolized to uric acid. Uric acid is not a toxin as such, but may promote the development or exacerbation of gout.” Information source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaseolus_vulgaris
- “The popular dietary supplement chromium picolinate complex generates chromosome damage in hamster cells (due to the picolinate ligand). In the United States, the dietary guidelines for daily chromium uptake were lowered in 2001 from 50–200 µg for an adult to 35 µg (adult male) and to 25 µg (adult female).” Information source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium
- “Supplements that contain ephedra and caffeine-rich guarana, used for weight loss, resulting in significant cardiovascular and metabolic changes. These changes could be harmful in people with high blood pressure, atherosclerosis (clogged arteries), or glucose intolerance, a precursor to diabetes marked by elevated blood sugar. Guarana is an herb containing caffeine.” Info found on http://www.raysahelian.com/guarana.html
- “Jasjit Bindra, lead researcher for hoodia at Pfizer, states there were indications of unwanted effects on the liver caused by other components, which could not be easily removed from the supplement, adding “Clearly, hoodia has a long way to go before it can earn approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Until safer formulations are developed, dieters should be wary of using it.” Information source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodia_gordonii
- “During 2008, having invested 20 million [pounds] in R&D, Unilever abandoned plans to use the slimming extract hoodia in a range of diet products. We stopped the project because our clinical studies revealed that products using hoodia would not meet our strict standards of safety and efficacy.” Information source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoodia_gordonii
Note: If you are a past or current S-recipes user, and you happened to experience one or more side effect(s) when or after using the product; please leave a comment below to inform us of such negative effects, for the benefit of future visitors searching to learn this topic.
How to deal with S-recipes side effects?
The first thing you need to do is to follow strictly on the recommended dosage i.e. 1 sachet a day, 15 minutes before breakfast. In any case, if you experience nervousness, tremors, insomnia, irritability, sweating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, increase in blood pressure; and/or any other discomforts while on S-recipes, seek medical attention immediately.
If the incidence persists, then stop using the product.
Who should not take S-recipes?
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take S-recipes, to avoid its effects being passed on to the babies. People suffering from blood pressure problems or on other kinds of weight-loss medications should consult with a medical professional before using the product.
Where to buy
It seems that as of today, you can only buy it online from its official website.
[You might be interested in PhenQ]
Note: This review is based on S-recipes’s information as found on the web. The editor has not personally tried or tested this product.
From the look of it, S-recipes seems like another weight loss products that work. Containing three different groups of ingredients i.e. blockers, burners and appetite suppressants; this supplement is claimed to burn fat, block absorption of nutrients and to calm appetite.
According to information found on the product’s website, the ingredients in S-Recipes are all of the high quality, and properly blended to bring out its effects.
Also, these ingredients are all natural, making it a safe product which does not cause side effects such as constipation, thirst, palpitation, and headaches; as can occur with other weight-loss products.
However, nothing was mentioned about it being a 100% safe product for everyone or otherwise what are the potential side effects this product is capable of inducing. I think it would in the best interest of consumers if the product seller is willing to make clear on this issue.
It was published in S-recipes Official Website that some individuals have reported a 3 kg – 5 kg (6.6 lbs – 11 lbs) drop in weight after consuming the product for only 3 – 4 weeks, which is fair enough because every weight-loss supplements have their extreme results (Take Phen375 diet supplement for example, the average result ranges from 2 – 5 lbs per week but some users reported they dropped up to 3.5 kg i.e. 8 lbs in just the first week of using the product).
The more important point is; what is the average weight-loss result to expect? It seems to me that we are not able to get this answer from the web at this point in time.
The seller recommends users to continue taking the product for at least 5 – 6 months (and spend lots of money as this product is really not cheap, one month’s supply costs US$ 120, and a few months time is then wasted) to see the optimum results, does this means the results are generally slow?
Furthermore, we all know there is no single weight-reduction supplement that works on every single individual; and it is fair to say that this applies to s-recipes as well. If it works on you and helps you to lose pounds, then great and happy for you.
The problem is; what if this slimming product doesn’t work on you? Since there’s no product return or money back guarantee for this product, instead of burning the fat, your hard-earned money is burned. Worse still if you follow the advice as posted on the official site, i.e. to take the product for 5 – 6 months to see the results but later found out that it’s a flop.
Upon clarifying the issues laid out in the reviews as mentioned above, then S-recipes might be a good buy.